Sankara Eye Hospital organized ” Sur “n” Symphony ” to eliminate blindness


Sankara Eye Hospital organized ” Sur “n” Symphony ” to eliminate blindness

Sankara Eye Hospital organized “Sur “n” Symphony” to eliminate blindness

~ The musical event saw India’s finest artists unite to eradicate blindness in India~

Bengaluru, February 22, 2015: Sankara Eye Hospital, one of the premier eye hospitals in the country dedicated towards eliminating needlessly blind in India, organized Sur ‘N’ Symphony- a fund-raising mega-musical event to free everyone from darkness. The event which took place on February 21st 2015 at Counter Culture, Bengaluru witnessed an electrifying ensemble of India’s loved artists like Shankar Mahadevan, Selva Ganesh, Vidwan Vikku Vinayakram, Niladri Kumar and Taufiq Qureshi.

These versatile and dynamic artists tuned in tandem to create soulful, mesmerizing and astounding music for a noble cause. The event appealed to a vast variety of audience as each artist has gone beyond their forte to create music that’s extraordinary in nature.  

Dr. R.V.Ramani, Founder & Managing Trustee of  Sankara Eye Care Institution said, “Miracles cannot cure the blind, but we can. The amount collected through the show will give people the gift of sight. We are extremely obliged and grateful to each and every artist who has taken time off from their busy schedule for a noble cause as this.

Towards Freedom from Preventable and Curable Blindness

Inspired & Blessed by the Sankaracharyas of Kanchi, Sankara Eye Foundation – India, headquartered at Coimbatore has a track record of 38 years of Service to the needy.

Sankara Eye Hospitals with a Pan India presence have “Community Eye Care” as the thrust area of activity. The group has so far performed over 1.3 Million totally free eye surgeries and presently over 500 free eye surgeries are being performed every day.

Sankara Eye Hospitals have a unique 80 : 20 model wherein 80% of the beneficiaries are the rural poor who get totally free eye surgeries, while the other 20% are the rich and the middle income, the affordable sections of the Society who pay for their treatment thereby cross subsidising the free eye surgeries.

With the goal of replicating one Sankara Eye Hospital in every State in India, the group is working towards freedom from preventable and curable blindness – ” Vision 20/20 by the year 2020 ” – wherein no one would be needlessly blind.

About Sankara Eye Hospital: Sankara Eye Hospitals is a Non Profit NGO part of the Kanchi Kamakoti Medical Trust founded in 1977 at Coimbatore with a vision to provide quality eye care to its discerning patients.

Sankara has a chain of 13 eye hospitals comprising a team of 200 doctors, 600 paramedical professionals, 275 support staff and total bed strength of 1800. It has treated and performed more than 1.2 million Free Eye Care Operations and every day about 500 eye care Operations are performed in Sankara Hospitals.