About Sankara College of Optometry Bangalore :
Sankara College of Optometry Bangalore is among the best schools of Optometry training suppliers in India. The Sankara Optometry College Bengaluru part of Sankara Eye Hospital are furnishing elite Optometry instruction with completely settled school.
Special Features of Sankara College of Optometry Bangalore :
Elite infra-structure with high quality labs and facilities
Support for the Students in proactive manner in improving their skill set
An extremely dedicated set of teaching faculties who support understudies and give superb chance to learn, develop, and sparkle
Complete emphasis on clinical training
Excellent jobs/ career opportunities within Sankara eye hospitals and other eye care providers, corporates etc. through our campus placement services
Making Students to get familiar with the research oriented works
BSc Optometry & Lateral Entry affiliated Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka
Fellowships in Optometry (6 months) Certificate
- Vision Therapy – [ Brochure Download ]
- Low Vision & Rehabilitation – [ Brochure Download ]
- Ocularistry – [ Brochure Download ]
- Contact Lens – [ Brochure Download ]
- Paeditaric – [ Brochure Download ]
Optometry Internship (1 year) Certificate
INTERNSHIP IN OPTOMETRY
Sankara Eye Foundation India currently offers advanced clinical training in the following optometric subspecialties:
SPECIALITY: External Internship in Optometry
DURATION: 12 months
LOCATION: Coimbatore, Bangalore, Shimoga, Guntur, Anand, Krishnankoil, Ludhiana, Jaipur, Kanpur , Indore and Panvel
The external internship program would provide excellent inclusive exposure to both the clinical and academic avenues of all specialties of Optometry. The Sankara Eye Foundation, India has one of its assets, Sankara College of Optometry, Bangalore. Training Program in Optometry is a highly observed Optometry program in India. The training programs have a good repute from its association with the full range of clinical, research and educational experiences, and most importantly, the sincere commitment of the faculty to the student.
Optometry students are selected amongst those who have completed their 3 year education in bachelors of Optometry education from any recognised Optometry institute. Students benefit from weekly hands-on training, monthly and quarterly practical evaluations and a good exposure to various optometry specialities. The goal of the program is to train highly competent and ethical Optometrists who can contribute to the field and help reduce the burden of curable blindness.
We appreciate you considering Sankara Eye Hospitals, for your training requirement. Please read the note under before you proceed.
- This form would take under 10 minutes for you to complete.
- Before you start filling this form please ensure you have with you soft copies (Scanned) of your passport photograph, letter of previous studies (2 copies) and a screen shot of the receipt of the fee paid.
- We request you to please ensure all data is correct as this would form the basis for our future communication.
- The interview and exam is going to be an online mode which will be held in August 2021.
- Selected candidates will have to join the program on the given joining date with all respective documents.
- A non-refundable fee of Rs.1250 will be charged as registration charges.
- Please do not hesitate to reach out to [email protected], +91 9632076862 for any clarifications/ support.
Eligibility for external internship:
- Applicant must have completed 3 years of Optometry education in bachelors in Optometry in reputed college of Optometry to apply for external internship program
Guidelines to submit the application:
- Follow the instructions mentioned in the Application form.
- The external internship application form is available on the google doc link https://forms.gle/Ef6KVsviFhJjAUEx7 along with all other details.
- Applications have to be submitted using the above Google Link along with Application fees.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Application processing fee of Rs. 1250/- can be paid through online transfer or direct payment.
- Submitted application will be further processed on receipt of the application fee.
- Application fee will not be refunded for any reason / under any circumstances.
All required documents are to be enclosed along with the filled Application form.
From Indian applicants:
- 10th standard marks cards
- 12th / intermediate/ PUC certificate
- BSc Optometry 1st , 2nd & 3rd year result certificates
All mandatory fields (*) to be completed with valid information / data.
- Entrance exam followed by one to one interview is mandatory for selection of candidates
- All the Applicants shall be sent communication mails about the selection & exam date
- If the candidate fails to report on the scheduled date for entrance exams / interview without any intimation, application will be rejected
- After selection, if the candidate fails to report on the scheduled date, after getting the consent, application will be rejected
- If you have any queries / clarifications, please contact [email protected]
Bachelors in Optometry (B.Sc. Optometry)
COURSE: Bachelors in Optometry (B.Sc. Optometry)
DURATION : 4 years (3 years of study + 1 year of internship)
INTAKE : June through November
COURSE: Bachelors in Optometry (B.Sc. Optometry-lateral entry)
DURATION: 3 years (2 years of study + 1 year of internship)
INTAKE : June through November
We appreciate your consideration for Sankara College of Optometry Bangalore , for your training requirement. Please read the instructions below before you proceed.
For B.Sc. Optometry – Applicant must have completed Intermediate studies (12thstandard or PUC) in science background to apply for all bachelors’ program.
For Diploma Holders in Optometry –Applicant must have completed diploma in optometry and can enter in the second year of optometry directly.
Applicant must have taken up English as a subject along with physics, chemistry, maths and/or biology as subjects.
Student should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st (on the month of applying) of the year of admission.
Filling application form —> Uploading merit documents –> Entrance exam and interview –> Selection of candidates –>Admission letter and fee payment
For applying, kindly fill in the Google form: Click Here
After verification of documents, one of our admission committee members will contact you.
In case of any further queries, kindly mail us at [email protected].
Contact: Ms. Namratha, Ms. Vandana Kamath
Sankara College of Optometry, Bangalore
Mobile number: +91 7022997733
What We Offer
WORK – CLINICAL EXPERIENCE
Related with the Sankara Eye Hospitals ,admittance to progressed hardware and speciality facilities giving
unrivaled clinical experience.
PLAY – LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
Organized exercises to adjust scholastics and innovativeness to encourage the innovator in you
LEARN – WITH THE MASTERS
Labs and study hall sticking to global standards for optometry matched with experienced and qualified personnel.
Our Partners For Optometry
Success Starts in Sankara College of Optometry Bangalore
For more than 30 Years, the Ademia Scholarship Foundation has been committed to providing financial aid to first generation college students.
|APPLY NOW FOR OPTOMETRY|
|+91 70229 97733|
Scan QR code – Application Form
Established in 1977 by Dr. R.V Ramani and Dr. Radha Ramani, Sankara Eye Hospitals , have extended to 12 eye medical clinics serving 9 states. Since its beginning, Sankara has performed over 2.4 million sight re-establishing medical procedures and has become one of the significant eye care suppliers in India.
Sankara consolidates talented medical care professionals and cutting edge innovation to give superb consideration to people at every single financial level. All Hospitals are authorize by the Indian National Board of Accreditation for Hospitals (NABH).
Sankara Academy of Vision (SAV) is the preparation and examination arm of the association, that supervises specialist, optometry and ophthalmologist preparing. More than 260 understudies are enlisted for different preparation programs yearly. SAV has empowered 197 distributions in different diaries in the beyond 3 years.
We have been instructing optometrists for 10 years at this point.
Optometrists (ISCO code: 2267) are Ophthalmic sciences professionals who study eye, related ailments and specialize in the management of disorders of the eye and visual system.
National Commission for Allied and Health Care Profession’s act,2021, India
As an Optometrist, you can :
Begin a facility or work with a clinic
Join a worldwide or a corporate chain
Be an academic and research professional.
Optom. Sandip Das Sanyam
Well, I can say Sankara College of Optometry provides a package of customized Optometry degree. By studying optometry multiple doors will open for us to achieve our ambitions. Right from individual practice, corporate business, clinical research, and many more specialities are explored by SCO students. Sankara is a great platform where you can find diverse people working to get best out of you by mentoring and guidance via whole lot of activities. I had a passion for research during my graduation and I am a researcher now.
Optom. Sandip Das Sanyam
Clinical Research Coordinator
Sagarmatha Choudhary Eye Hospital, Nepal & London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
A proud and happy alumni of Sankara College of Optometry, completed my UG in 2011-2015 and PG 2015-2017. I would like to thank all my teachers for making me place in my dream job, the teaching faculty of Optometry. I am grateful for the opportunities that I have got at Sankara and it has been the best journey of my life. The best part of Sankara is the continuous monitoring and the speciality clinical exposure that has given me confidence in what I am teaching today. I feel humbled to be the part of Sankara and I am sure the upcoming batches will continue the rich legacy.
Christian group of Institutions Bengaluru